Wow! I made these yesterday and they were fantastic! You can find the recipe on my Recipes page on the left, or click here.

I have been making a Beer Batter Corn Fritter for a long time, but these just beat it hands down! I loaded them "Over The Top" with corn, sausage, onions, black olives, and jalapeños then top them with my  Black Bean Corn Salsa! 

Try these and let me know how they come out!
Not to panic, but Thursday I was editing the pictures to add here when a cloud of smoke came out from under my desk! Yes, the old faithful computer burned up. The repair man said to repair would cost almost as much as a new one, so we got a new one.
Much faster, more memory, better graphics, etc. Now all I have to do is recover my files from the old computer!!!!
See ya soon!
     Where to begin? I have spent the last two months preparing and for and traveling! In July I had a lot of things to do like renewing my Alien Registration Card, getting my International Drivers Form, scheduling my flights and just a lot of meditation!
     Then, in late July I went to Los Angeles where I spent 10 days in powerful meditation. We did 16 hours a day, broken into 2 hour sessions with time for meals and some rest. Wonderful enlightenments and super strong results. Life has become heaven for me now and the sun always shines, even in the rain.
     After Los Angeles I traveled to Boston where I met the students and saw my doctors for my knees (got a clean bill of health!) and visited old friends. Took Margie out for a meal, met her parents again and now they are doing the meditation and doing so well with it! 
     The students in Boston are doing great, Pralima (who was in LA with us) came back just before I left and we had a late dinner with Margie. Pralima will be a great help in Boston and I hope to see her next time at the meditation classes, wherever they will be held, lol!
     From there I went to Atlanta and Birmingham, where I got to visit with my Mom for just 2 days before I headed out to Dallas. There I picked up a rental car and drove down to Austin. I spent the weekend with my college buddy Doug. We went swimming in the lake and it was like swimming on the Italian Riviera where they had built homes in that style. But it was a little warm, just 111 F (44 C) !!!! That night we went to a charity event. I bought $5 worth of tickets, just to be charitable. Didn't even put the coupons in the box, but gave them to one of Doug's friend Jim and we left to get a Waffle House Pecan Waffle!!! Life is good when you can get one of those late at night.
     While we were eating, Jim called to let us know that he had put the coupons in the box for me, but didn't have any hope of winning anything. After all it was just 5 tickets and many others were buying 50 and 100. But I won the Grand Prize! A stocked picnic basket with wine and chocolate and a DVD and more!
    We met the next morning for brunch and I gave Jim the wine and fancy wine opener, Doug got the DVD, and the rest was donated back to the local charity.
     Sunday afternoon we went to the Austin Center and met some of the students and Billy, the instructor. We had met before, a long time ago, and it was good getting reacquainted. Ash was also there, and he is doing great things for the centers in America by providing graphics and posters for them. His plan is to come visit Korea next year with his youngest son. Can't wait to see you guys!
     Monday I went back to Dallas where I got to visit with Michelle, Taeho, Min, and everyone else. They are all doing great and studying hard. Mae, a level 2 student is planning to come to Korea in September (?) and stay for 6 months! That is a great way to speed your journey along. Thanks Mae!
     Tuesday, back on the plane to Birmingham to visit my Mom again and get a little rest. Picked up the last things I needed to bring back here (GRITS!!!! and Corn meal) before heading over to Atlanta with Mom to visit my brother and his family. Saturday I was able to head into town to visit the Sandy Springs center with T.J. Park and his students. 
     T.J. was here at HQ when I studied in 2003. He went to the Atlanta Center and when I arrived back there he became my assistant. Now he has the most successful American Center with around 30 students, almost all Westerners. Thanks T.J., and job well done!
     While I'm talking about Sandy Springs Center I can't fail to tell everyone that T.J. has sent 2 students to Korea this year for study. Anita will arrive here this weekend and plans to stay for 6 months, with the intent of becoming a guide. This past weekend Miriam came in from Atlanta and started her classes the same day. She has made an open ended plan to stay at least 3 months and maybe longer! She had a not so good introduction to Korea though, as it rained hard her whole first day here. Well, that is why they call it "rainy season."
     After leaving Atlanta we headed back to Birmingham where I got a chance to visit my longtime friends Jackie and Tommy. They did the meditation a few years ago in Atlanta, but were not able to return there to finish their studies. Hopefully soon there will be a center near them to study at. More on that soon. Also at the last minute my Mom's next door neighbor Jean ran in and we had a chance to visit some. Jean has been a real help to Mom and I truly appreciate her.
     Finally, on Aug 24, I headed back home to Korea by way of Los Vegas and Los Angeles. Didn't even have time to drop a quarter in the slot machine in Vegas. Guess my luck ran out with the picnic basket, lol!
     Got to Incheon Airport at 4:00am Thursday, breezed through customs and had to wait an hour for the bus. Then to Bupyoung for a rest and some long overdue nang-myun (cold buckwheat noodles), my favorite summer dish here. Since Miriam was coming on Saturday I just stayed there and rested, went to the bank and visited the new Cham Publishing location near Sangsu Station. I let them bring my large suitcase down to HQ (sorry guys, it was very heavy) and then rushed back to Bupyoung for a quick rest before I went to Unseo. 
     The airport is on an island off the coast of Korea near Seoul. It takes about an hour on the subway to get there. Since Miriam was coming in so early, and the only transportation to the airport at that time is a very expensive taxi from the mainland, I decided to spend the night at Unseo on the island and get a cheap taxi over to the airport in the morning. This worked out pretty well, except that it is an island, so everything was more expensive there. But I got there on time and all went well.
     Finally I arrived with Miriam at HQ here in Nonsan and got her signed in and went to my room at the Translation Center. In all I had been gone 32 days and been in or through 17 cities. I visited 4 Maum Meditation Centers, where I counseled and spoke to about 50 students. I cooked, cleaned, repaired and sang a song or two. Went swimming, had Mexican food in Texas, Irish food in Boston, and Southern food with my Mom and family. I shopped for clothes, toiletries and spices and kitchen tools to bring back. I saw both oceans and all the sky between. 
     But it is good to be home, good to bback at the meditation center where I can continue to clean and journey to the Truth. 
     To all those who helped me, to all those who I did not get to mention here, to all those who I met for the first time and all my old friends. To all of you I say "Thank You!" 
     Without you and your support, your kindness and and your friendship I could not be taking this journey to the Truth, I would not be the happy person that came to visit. 
     From the bottom of my heart, with all the appreciation I can muster, I humbly thank you, and I remember you always in my meditations and my prayers.
Just for fun I have added a Recipe page!!! I start with two recipes I like. 
The first is a ultra simple way to make a basic cheese that is spreadable and versatile. I just started doing this and I make it up about every 2 or 3 days. Cheese here is expensive and rather bland unless you can get to Costco and buy the real stuff. This satisfies and is so versatile, plus it is impressive to be able to say: "This morning that cheese was milk!"
The other recipe is an old one I used in the states. It is a most ambitious recipe and also one that will spell bind your family and friends when you serve it. I call it Pancetta Covered Turkey. I created the recipe when I overheard a lady talking about covering her turkey with bacon. I tried one that way, but it was so strong a flavor that it killed the taste of the turkey. So I switched to the pancetta, added my own special touches and created the most moist and perfectly flavorful turkey you ever had! Follow the directions and you will find it is a massive hit!
Look for more as I get a chance to write them down. 
Koreans love festivals! Seems like there is one somewhere every weekend. On June 12th My friends Chan Bak, John Hope, and I visited Bupyeong, a section of Incheon, where they had a street festival with lots of traditional performances, music, vendors of all kinds, and food! food! food!

When we arrived about 10:00am we were greeted by a group of seniors who promptly offered us Mokguelli, the old fashioned rice wine that is rapidly coming into fashion around the better tables in Seoul and the world.

We watched some of the seniors play a game on a large board, perhaps 5 meters square, with large and small tree stumps as the playing pieces. It is truly an old guy's game as the two man teams would walk around the board studying the pieces until one of them would tap a piece and another spot on the board to move it to. Then a young man would run out onto the board, pick up the piece (which if it was a big one weighed perhaps 80 pounds!) and lug it over to the new spot on the board. And all of this in the summer heat! Wow! It's good to be a senior in Korea!! LOL!

We strolled around the area, some 5 BIG city blocks long, stopping at different vendors, examining their wares. Occasionally we stopped to test the traditional drums or instruments. John bought a nice drumstick for his own drums set back home in England. We also picked up some "good luck" stamps, and John tried his hand a Korean calligraphy. 

During the day there were several performances by high school groups doing the traditional dances and playing traditional Korean music. I will post some videos of this soon.

When lunch rolled around we stopped under a tent and had roasted pork with several side dishes and some more Mokguelli, but this was a real traditional type served in a bowl with a dipper and smaller bowls to drink from. Delicious! 

John was leaving for home Thursday and wanted to see some of Seoul before he left. So we went into town and showed him where to stay, some interesting things to do and set him up in a hotel room. The next morning we said our good byes and Chan Bak went to work and I returned to Nonsan and home. 

As they say a great time was had by all! Look for some pics and a videos on the p
     What a month it has been! I spent most of the month working in the sorting and counting area. There we sort beans as to quality and sesame leaves as to quality, size and shape. These products are used in our cafeteria with the best qualities going to market to be sold.
     The sesame leaves are something! they have a wonderful sage-mint taste and I am dying to try some recipes with them including an idea I have for drying and sprinkling over rice and a wonderful sausage and a baked chicken covered and stuffed with the leaves. 
     The meditations have been wonderful, with the field meditation being very productive. To do this we meditate as we are doing the work. This results in cleaning the body as well as the mind. If you are lucky you can also get to eat some really good fruit when it comes time to pick it, haha! 
     The weather is turning in towards the rainy season, and the rice paddies are filling up. Already you can see the green shoots sticking up. It won't be long before fall comes and the heavy laden heads are bent over with their golden kernels. 
     After the month working I went to Seoul for a few days. It took two tries, but I got my Korean Driver's License! I had to take an eye test and a color blindness test. Then I got the dreaded written test. I didn't know this the first time I went in and was not prepared. I failed getting only 9 out of 20 questions right. You needed 12 to pass. At the cashiers I was able to buy a drivers manual and the sped read it that night. The next day I went back and got 13 right!!! Yeah!!! Just one more than needed made me a legal driver. Now to get a scooter and back roads here I come! Lots of pictures for you guys then. Perhaps I will make some photo books for you guys to order. Would you like that?
     Anyway, I will be posting some pictures soon of my last month. Not much available, but I think you will like them.
I am starting a month long field work meditation project Saturday. Chances are I won't be able to get online much or at all during this period. 

But when I get back I will have some great stories and pictures to tell you !
Hugs to All!!!
     That is all I can say. The meditation classes in Japan were incredible! If you are just starting Maum Meditation, or if you have been doing it for a long time, then these are the classes we have been waiting for. These are the meditations that take you to all the goals that have been talked about for so long! These are the culmination of Maum Meditation. Whatever you do, keep meditating until you are eligible to attend these classes!!!
     I was not able to get many pictures in Japan, just a few snapped here and there. But I am also posting pictures of some other trips in Korea and the pictures f
We leave at 2:00 am so I may be out of touch for a week, but I'll be back with some new pictures when I get back here. Hugs everyone!
Well I have made the move down here to the HQ and the new translation center. Nothing exciting to report yet, but the weather is clearing up and turning warm. Soon there will be pictures to post and stories to tell.